Nominate yourself, a colleague or a program for outstanding contributions in the field of Correctional Education. Awards will be announced at the ACE Symposium
May 31 - June 2, 2017
President’s Award (one for Juvenile and for Adult areas)
- Awarded for outstanding contribution and service to the field of Correctional Education.
- Minimum of five (5) years of service
- Positive impact on the field of Correctional Education as supported by evidence
Innovative Program of the Year Award (one for Juvenile and for Adult areas)
- Recognizing an outstanding program/project that has had or continues to have a positive impact on the field of Correctional Education.
- Any educational, vocational, or training program/project
- Must be established for at least one year
- Positive impact on students, institution, and community
Outstanding Correction Educator/Professional of the Year (one for Juvenile and for Adult areas)
- To recognize an individual’s outstanding service and contribution to correctional students
- Minimum one year of service in correctional education
- Positive impact on students
Selection Process for each award: Nominations Reviewed & Selections Made by ACE Board.
- 30 pts - Direct Impact
- 30 pts – Internal Documentation
- 20 pts – Related External Documentation (Limit of 5, press releases, awards, recognitions, etc.)
- 20 pts – Indirect Impact
- Form Coming Soon
- Narrative description of program/project or individual being nominated not to exceed 100 words including:
- Number of years of service or years of program/project
- Reason for nomination: Direct and Indirect impact on students, programming, etc., contributions and/or outstanding service
- Any internal documentation and external supporting documentation (newspaper articles, outside recognition, other awards, etc.) not to exceed 5 items
- Signature of person submitting nomination and supervisor’s endorsement must be included at the bottom of the nomination form including titles and dates.
The top two nominees from adult and juvenile areas in each category will be invited to the ACE Luncheon on June 2, 2017 for the announcement of the award recipient.